Sunday, November 22, 2009

Our first Santa Clause parade...

as a family. I would be lying if I told you that Shawn and I didn't tear up a little at the parade. We have waited sooooo long to take a little squirt to the parade and she had a blast!!! I think Annie's favorites were the tap dancers and the bands. She danced and clapped as she took turns sitting on our shoulders.

Glenn and Baxter joined us for the evening and the photo of Annie with her drink is at Noodle Box where we went for a pre-parade meal. The other photo is of her doing a "cheers" with her Dad's beer bottle and I didn't think that it would go over well!! Too funny. Anyway, a fun time was had by all. Hot chocolate and candy canes were consumed yet the little one was fast asleep by 8pm. She was EXHAUSTED. It was wonderful to watch Annie Isabel experience all the lights and sounds for the first time - still brings a little tear to my eye.

3 comments:

A Beautiful Mess said...

:) your post made me smile!

We do "cheers" at dinner all the time...cracks me up! Beer, milk, juice Sophie just likes us to clink our glasses together.

Wanda said...

I know the feeling. Their first everything is something special to be celebrated.

:)

Wanda (At Last...)

Unknown said...

Santa Claus Parade? Wow - Christmas is coming, even though it doesn't feel like it where we are right now.

Looks like Annie had a lovely evening!