Saturday, August 15, 2009

Annie's new room...

We didn't create a nursery for Annie because we knew that we would have her bed/crib and clothes in our room for the next few years. Her future room is our guest room and I was trying to figure out how to achieve more space so that it could be a play room as well. I started looking at loft beds but I wanted a double - singles are easy to find but doubles, well those are more challenging to find. Anyway, I went on used Victoria and found one!!!! I am really happy with it. The bed is originally from Ikea and the people selling it had also purchased the bookshelf, desk and chair that goes along with it. Now we have all of these for Annie as she gets older. Anyway, we can still use the room as a guest room because she is far too little to sleep up there yet but it is now her playroom too!!! Here are some photos...
The loft bed is really neat and has hanging shears for privacy which will be perfect for when Annie is older and wants that canopy look. Veronica
was the first guest who slept on it and she said that it was just fine!!!! We put the double mattress that we already had on it so it should be just as comfortable as our guest bed always was. I am just so excited to have another space for Annie to play in. As well, I purchased a pine blanket/toy box at a white elephant sale last year, full of toys for $20.00. The toys have been amazing BUT we had the chest cleaned up and it is a BEAUTIFUL pine box in our living room now. I am so thrilled to be able to put all of her toys out of sight at the end of the day and enjoy our living room again!!! Even though I LOVE looking at real estate, the reality is that we will be staying put. The changes that I have been able to make have given us more space AND allowed our rooms to be multipurpose!!!! Now on to other projects...

2 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

This room looks like SO much fun... it has been a while since dropping by I know...hope all is going well...

Catalyst Of Calamity said...

That looks like a great play room! I'm feeling very inspired. I've been considering turning my sewing room into a playroom for the small person, but I kept going back and forth, but seeing Annie's room really makes me feel like it's the right thing to do. My craft room can move to the basement for a few years and I know a play room would be used a lot more.
Glad to have an update from you. Hope all is going well!

Lisa