Monday, November 16, 2009

New bed~~~

First, thanks for all of your thoughts, emails and offers to sit!!! I still haven't really decided what to do about the event but I still have a few weeks to decide. Shawn is busy getting everything ready for his trip. I so wish that Annie and I could go too but we both agree that it is probably too much for her to return to China so soon. Change is VERY difficult for this little one and she worries about being "given away" again as was evident last night after playing with her new bed. It surprises us every time it happens but really it shouldn't. Our little one has been through so much.
So, this weekend we found a toddler bed on used Victoria - my FAVORITE site. We picked it up, set it up and then showed it to our little climber. I took the mattress and bedding out of her crib and put it all together. She did NOT like this and basically told me to put it all back!! It is not that she doesn't like the bed, just the idea that perhaps another child will be going into her crib? This has happened to her in the past. So we put a camping mat on it and her duvet that she doesn't use. I also found a pillow. These photos are of her playing on her new bed. She won't be sleeping in it for a while yet but she is trying to climb out of her crib so it is time. Oh and for the worriers, we do have a side to go on the bed. There is also a soft cushy mat beside her bed in case she falls out. This is not the permanent spot for the bed - it will be where her crib is right now, right beside our bed.

I love this photo of Annie clapping and singing to her "splat" stuffy - thanks Daddy for the name. So very cute!! This child loves music!! I also love the fact that she likes to bring her books to bed with her. I AM a good influence in at least one way!!!!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Awh...transition, transition. It's never easy. You're doing it all right though. One step at a time.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh this is to cute...

it has been a while since dropping by... glad to see everyone is doing fine... take are