Monday, May 11, 2009

My first Mother's Day...

I had a lovely day yesterday. Shawn had two cute cards and a wonderful gift of a Thai Massage waiting for me on my laptop as he had to go to work. Annie knows not to touch the laptop so it was pretty safe - we will see how long that lasts!!!
My girlfriend Veronica took Annie and I out for a lovely brunch which was very sweet. Annie then had a VERY long nap which gave me time to watch my British Soap that I had PVR'd (is that how you say it?) and drink my tea. We had a nice afternoon together and then Shawn brought home Chinese take out from one of my favorite restaurants. We spoke to our family to wish all the Mom's a happy day and my sister ran her half marathon in the time she wanted to do it!!! Congrats Katie!!!!! A great day all around.
On Saturday Veronica, Angela, baby Jack, Annie and I went to Beacon Hill park for Annie's first picnic. She LOVED it. Annie sat on the picnic blanket and had her lunch with glee, I mean REAL glee. She was thrilled with all of the food laid out in front of her. Baby Jack is 7 months old and he was crying part of the time. Annie kept looking at him and yelling "Ba" very loudly because he was ruining her time!! She was VERY serious about that!!! Too cute. It looks like picnics in the park are Annie's idea of a good time which is great because they are one of our favorite things to do!!!!!
Happy belated Mother's Day to all the Mom's and waiting Mommies!!!

No comments: