Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Thank you!!

I wanted to thank everyone for their emails of encouragement!!! I am really happy to be able to blog about Annie. It is possible right now because of her morning nap. Otherwise, I don't know when I would do it - she is such a busy little girl and my bedtime has changed.
Yes, because Miss is up between 5:45 and 6:30 - the little devil keeps changing it up- I try to be in bed reading by about 9 pm. Haven't gone to bed this early in years but I need at least 8 hours of sleep to be human and if she wakes me in the night, this gives me a little cushion. Really, she is an good sleeper if not a little restless. As her crib is right beside the bed, I wear one earplug so that her thrashing around doesn't wake me - figured that one out a few nights ago, yeah- and I can still hear and respond to her if she needs me. I have the best husband as she woke up this morning at 4am crying her heart out, actually she wasn't really awake. I was able to soothe her back to sleep but then I didn't get back to sleep until 5:30 and she was up singing at 5:40. My darling husband Shawn got up with Annie this morning while I put another earplug in and slept until 8:30am!!!!!! Wow, I almost felt sick when I woke up because I haven't slept that late in months!!! Too funny. I know that we are VERY lucky to have a child that basically sleeps through the night and other than when she is teething, is easily soothed back to sleep. BUT when you are a deep sleeper and not used to being woken in the middle of the night, it takes some getting used to!!!!!! I should have set my alarm for 3 am, then 4am the week before we left for China, just so that I could get used to it!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Red Sand said...

I love the updates. I'll admit that sleep is one of my concerns for the coming months, but I still can't bring myself to start practicing with an alarm clock. Mind you, I'm not sleeping these days anyhow, so maybe the transition won't be that bad...

Kristine said...

Oh Sam, someone else waking you up is ALWAYS worse. GET YOUR SLEEP NOW because once your referral arrives, you will REALLY be sleep deprived!!!!!

A Beautiful Mess said...

kristine,
buys a small fan and run it at night..facing the wall if don't want the air circulating. The white noise will help EVERYONE sleep better, and your sleep may not be interrupted by little miss' flipping and flopping.